Green tea has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries to treat everything from headaches to depression. Here are six benefits of drinking green tea (from the NHS website)
- Green tea has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries to treat everything from headaches to depression.
- The leaves are supposedly richer in antioxidants than other types of tea because of the way they are processed.
- Green tea contains B vitamins, folate (naturally occurring folic acid), manganese, potassium, magnesium, caffeine and other antioxidants, notably catechins.
- All types of tea – green, black and oolong – are produced from the Camellia sinensis plant using different methods. Fresh leaves from the plant are steamed to produce green tea, while the leaves of black tea and oolong involve fermentation.
- Green tea is alleged to boost weight loss, reduce cholesterol, combat cardiovascular disease, and prevent cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
And imagine all those health benefits with a superfood added.
Sounds too good to be true?
My healthy, gourmet, green tea also has the number one superfood on the planet in it. It puts the phrase “health in every cup” to a whole new level. I used to think that green tea tasted “woody” but this is smooth and refreshing – and I get at least two cups out of every sachet.
If you would like a sample of my healthy green tea then get in touch I’d be happy to send you a free sample to try.
Enjoy the benefits of green tea – with a superfood thrown in for good measure! Ask me for a free sample
PS want to read this blog regularly then sign up here
If you enjoyed this post on the benefits of drinking green tea, like, share, comment retweet and comment below